<source id="3oodw" ><sup id="3oodw" ></sup></source>

      1. <s id="3oodw" ><th id="3oodw" ><small id="3oodw" ></small></th></s>
        <i id="3oodw" ><optgroup id="3oodw" ></optgroup></i>

            <input id="3oodw" ><bdo id="3oodw" ><cite id="3oodw" ></cite></bdo></input>
            <delect id="3oodw" ><ruby id="3oodw" ></ruby></delect>

            <em id="3oodw" ><progress id="3oodw" ></progress></em><input id="3oodw" ></input>
            <strike id="3oodw" ></strike>
            Law Office of James M. Hoffmann Articles Workers Compensation Claims for Burn Injuries

            Workers Compensation Claims for Burn Injuries

            By James Hoffmann  Dec. 8, 2019 12:07p

            Whenever people hear about , they think about chemical or electric burns. But, out of the 5,000 that get hospitalized each year after getting burned at work, most of them suffer from thermal burns. Boiling liquids, such as hot water, tea or coffee can lead to serious injuries that may require surgery and extensive treatment to heal.

            As trivial as it may seem, getting burned while using the coffee machine or because you spilled hot coffee on your desk means that you may be entitled to workers' compensation.

            Workers Compensation Claim for Burns

            One of the most important things our always stress about is getting examined by a doctor when you get injured. Burns are high-risk injuries and even minor ones can lead to blistering, swelling, and possible infections that might require you to take time off work.

            More than that, not seeing a doctor after you got injured or delaying seeing one could also affect your workers' compensation claim. The insurance company could argue that your injuries aren't that bad or even that you got hurt outside of work. It would be hard to deal with that if you don't have a paper trail documenting your injuries.

            When Workers Comp Is Not Enough

            A severe burn might require countless surgeries, physical therapy, and other rehabilitation treatments. In some cases, spilling hot liquid on your hand could also mean the loss of fingers, making you partially disabled.

            If that is the case, then workers' compensation may not be enough to cover the cost of treatment and lost wages. The law says that you will receive benefits until you reach maximum medical improvement, which means that your doctor provided the treatment that you need, but doesn't expect your condition to get substantially better.

            But, what if your injuries have impaired your ability to work? Then, you may qualify for permanent or total disability benefits. Or, if your injuries were caused by a third-party, such as a defective coffee machine, then you may consider a suit against the manufacturer. Consult with your St. Louis work injury lawyer to determine the best option for your case and how you should proceed.

            Have You Been Injured at Work?

            A lot of employees tend to ignore minor injuries. They rarely see a doctor for things like a grease splatter or superficial cut. But, if these injuries worsen and require expensive treatment, then it's going to be hard to receive compensation if you can't prove that they are work-related.

            A good St. Louis workers comp lawyer can guide you and advise you so that you make the best decision for your health and needs. Call (314) 361-4300 for a FREE case evaluation.

            Other Recent Articles

            The Average Workers Compensation Settlement For Back Injuries

            According to a survey conducted by Lawyers.com, injured workers who file a claim for back injuries receive, on average, a $23,600 compensation, which is slightly higher than the average of all types ...
            More Articles »

            Workers Compensation for Domestic Workers in Missouri

            Things are pretty clear if you are employed by a business: if you get injured while doing your job, then your employer is responsible for paying your workers compensation. For example, if you hurt ...
            More Articles »

            What Is the Jones Act and How Does It Relate to Work Injuries?

            Working on a boat at sea is different than your average job. Maritime workers have special training to be able to stay safe while navigating, and their working conditions are a bit more special. This ...
            More Articles »
            (314) 361-4300
            2001 S Hanley Rd #325
            St. Louis, MO 63144

            Office Hours:
            Mon 12-12
            Tue 12-12
            Wed 12-12
            Thur 12-12
            Fri 12-12
            Sat 12-12
            Sun 12-12

            Main Website:
            Contact our office by email by clicking the button below: